At the very minimum, a segmentation should answer the following questions in order to be successful:
- Which consumer segments represent the largest profit pools in our category?
- What is our share of wallet across segments today?
- How should we prioritize the various growth opportunities within and across segments?
- What messages and offerings will command the attention of these consumers?
- How can we position our brands and sub-brands for growth against competitors and one another?
- What changes in product offerings, service, and brand perception should we make in order to increase share among targeted segments? How are these changes best achieved?
Source: Consumer Segmentation: A Call to Action | Mary Egan, Jean-Manuel Izaret | Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Subject: Marketing Questions