- How does this individual perceive the problem I intend to solve?
- What is the pithy summary of my idea that will appeal to this person?
- What roles does this person play in the decision-making process?
- What is my goal for this encounter?
- What is the basis for my credibility with this person?
- Will my idea conflict with any of this person’s beliefs?
- How might my idea conflict with this person’s interests?
- Can I leave the relationship better than I found it?
- What kind of public commitment from this person would best build momentum?
Source: 9 Questions to Ask Before Presenting by Geoffrey James | BNET, February 10, 2009