- Is there a practice that must be stopped immediately, or a product withdrawn from the market without delay, to protect the public-and the companyÂ´s reputation?
- What is the shape and size of the problem?
- What is the next phase of the inquiry?
- Should outside experts be retained?
- Should the board be informed?
- Must the matter be disclosed to authorities under law, should it be disclosed voluntarily, or should it not be disclosed because we donÂ´t yet know enough?
- Do any employees need to be put on leave, pending completion of the inquiry?
- What types of communications should be made to constituencies inside and outside the company, ranging from employees to investors to the media?
Source: Stress Test | Ben W. Heineman Jr. | The Conference Board Review, September/October 2008
Subject: Crisis Management Questions