- How do your customers view your organization?
- How do your suppliers view your organization?
- How do your employees view your organization?
- Has your organization’s strategy been articulated and communicated?
- Does this strategy make sense given the current and anticipated external threats and opportunities?
- Where are the gaps in terms of internal strengths and capabilities?
- Have the desired outputs of the firm and the level of performance expected been determined and communicated?
- Are all necessary functions in place?
- Are there currently functions that are unnecessary or that could or should be outsourced?
- Does the formal organization structure support the strategy?
- Where does the formal structure inhibit efficiency of executing the strategy?
- Have all relevant functional goals been established?
- Is all relevant performance measured?
- Are resources properly allocated?
- Are the interfaces between departments being managed?
Performance Improvement – A Classic Checklist
by Rick Sidorowicz
The CEO Refresher
Subject: Organization Questions