Decision-makers will inevitably see your idea from their own perspective. In other words, your idea must be expressed in terms that address the practical business concerns of the potential buyer. Below are hot button questions for C-level execs
- Chief Executive Officer: Will it increase the value of the firm?
- Chief Financial Officer: Where’s the return on investment?
- Chief Operations Officer: Can we execute on this plan?
- Chief Information Officer: Will it run on our systems?
- Chief Marketing Officer: Can the world understand it?
- Chief Sales Officer: Will our customers buy it?
Source: How to Sell an Idea / Geoffrey James / BNET