- Have the firm’s competitors invested in m-business technology? If so, where and how?
- Have companies in complementary industries invested in m-business technology? If so, where and how?
- How large or significant are m-business opportunities and threats in the firm’s arena?
- To what extent does mobile technology support or threaten the firm’s existing business model?
- What degree of business transformation is required to implement a wireless solution within the firm?
- What should be the strategic thrust in mobile technology for the given opportunity or threat (operational efficiency, range and reach, or new business model)?
- Who is the primary audience for each wireless application (partners, employees, or customers)?
- Will the investments in m-business solutions (people, processes, and technology) pay off in a reasonable time frame?
- Are there profitable opportunities to forge cross-industry alliances to create new value for customers?
Rational Exuberance: The Wireless Industry’s Killer “B”
by Venkatesh Shankar
strategy+business, Summer 2003
Subject: IT Questions