- What does success look like in this scenario?
- In what markets will you play and which customers will you serve?
- How will you serve those customers?
- What capabilities will you need to have in place?
- How would you know if this scenario were going to come true?
The first four questions get executives to clearly articulate the growth opportunity. The last one gets them thinking about when it would be appropriate to take a particular course of action.
Source: Growth Scenarios: Tools to Resolve LeadersÂ´ Denial and Paralysis by Jonathan Star and Doug Randall / Strategy & Leadership, VOL 35 NO. 2 2007, pp. 56-59