- What do your customers value?
- What criteria do your customers use to determine value?
- What do you do that your customers value most? Least?
- Where is customer perceived value migrating?
- Describe each of your customer segments?
- What benefits are each of your customer segments looking for?
- What customer segments are growing the fastest? The slowest?
- Why do your customers defect to the competition? Why do they stay loyal?
- Describe each situation in which your prospects/customers interact with your company?
- How do your customers want to interact/transact with your company?
- What structures are set up so that you can consistently listen to your customers?
- What are customers’ experiences at each company touch point?
- What are the satisfaction drivers of each customer segment?
- Why are some customers more or less satisfied than others?
- How does customer satisfaction relate to customer loyalty and cash flow?
- Which customers do you most need to satisfy given their importance to the company?
“Quickly and Effectively”
- What customer feedback mechanisms are in place?
- How quickly does customer feedback get translated into action?
- What customers should you be listening to the most?
- How is effectiveness measured in terms of the customer?
- What is the process for acting on customer feedback?
- How is customer feedback incorporated into current goals and objectives?
- What change management processes are in place to facilitate adaptation?
- Why was adaptive change successful in the past?
- What do your customers want?
- What do your customers need?
- What events or patterns correlate with the changing needs of your customers?
- What can you do to anticipate the changing needs of your customers?
What Are You Trying to Accomplish?
by Michael L. Perla
The CEO Refresher
Subject: Customer Questions