- Organizing model. Should the company adopt a centralized, decentralized or hybrid approach?
- Investment. What should the company invest in, and how much should it invest?
- Architecture. Should the company emphasize stability or flexibility? To what degree? Should applications be externally purchased or internally developed? Should there be a single, comprehensive ERP application, or multiple applications?
- Standards. Which components of technology should the organization standardize, and which standards should it adopt?
- Resources. What types of resources should the IT organization utilize, and what should be the sourcing of those resources?
Is There a Smarter Way to Approach IT Governance?
by Richard M. Melnicoff
Outlook Journal, February 2005
Subject: IT Questions