- Is your strategy clear?
- Can it be translated into action?
- Is it measurable?
- Does it have the potential to transform your business?
- Do you measure the true drivers of value in your business?
- Do you link your executive compensation to what drives value – key strategic and financial measures as well as relative share price?
- Are your executives motivated to create a dramatic upside for shareholders?
- Is there a downside for mediocre performance?
- Are key front-line employees focused on the same goals and motivated to deliver results?
- Do incentives reinforce a “performance culture”?
- Is your compensation system simple and transparent?
- Does everyone understand how pay is linked to performance?
Making Sense of Executive Pay
by Marcia Blenko
Bain & Company, 1/1/2003
Subject: Corporate Governance Questions