- What products and services do you and your rivals offer, and what are their comparative benefits?
- What companies might launch offerings that are similar to yours?
- How significant are the resources (marketing budget, R&D budget, spin-off, or upgrade plans) your rival plans to deploy?
- How much does it cost you and your competitor to produce comparable products? Does one of you enjoy a cost advantage?
- Where do you and your rival sell products, and to which target audiences?
- How do your sales perform for different customer segments?
- What products does your rival have in the pipeline, and how will they be marketed?
- How is your rival’s company organized? How well are operations performing?
- What are your rivals’ sales channels (store, mail order, web)? What is their sales mix, and will it change?
- Is your rival considering a joint venture or strategic partnership?
How to Gather Competitive Research
by Jane Hodges
Subject: Competition Questions