- Do we agree that empowerment is a key ingredient in our continued success? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Does our performance review process support or hinder participation and commitment of all staff?
- Do we compensate and promote those who embody the values we espouse?
- Do our communication channels promote or inhibit free exchange of information and ideas between individuals and departments?
- What informal messages do people receive about our culture? What impact does this have on productivity and morale?
- What do we suppose employees say about our organization when we aren’t in the room?
- Once people are trained and have proven their competency, do we have the courage to trust them?
- What happens when someone takes an educated risk and fails?
Thoughts on Empowerment
by Rick Maurer
Subject: Human Resources Questions