- Have we reduced our Total cycle time by at least 50 percent over the past three years?
- Do 99 percent or more of our orders reach customers on time?
- Are we shipping zero defect products to our customers?
- Have we reduced our product development cycle time by at least 50 percent over the past three years?
- Have we surveyed our customers in the last two years to establish where we rank on customer-defined service factors versus our competitors?
- Have we provided our customers with new value-added services to enhance our products during the last two years?
- Have we clearly defined the measurable goals we want to achieve and when we want to achieve them?
- Are we measuring and improving upon customer-defined service success factors?
- Do our performance measures appropriately balance customer service into the total business equation?
- Is top management actively engaged in improving customer service?
Customer Service Improvement: It’s Mission Critical to Your Future
by R. Michael Donovan
Subject: Customer Questions