- Do you know who your customers are and how many customers you have?
- Do you listen effectively to all your customers?
- Do you regularly make up an inventory of all the needs and expectations of your customers?
- Are complaints replied to within two days and solved within one week?
- Do you make recommendations to customers about the products or devices that best suit their needs?
- Do you know what the costs are when you lose a customer?
- Do you regularly organize meetings with customer groups to learn about their needs, wants, ideas, and complaints?
- As a manager, do you know how many complaints are received yearly?
- Is there commitment at top-management for customer orientation?
- Does management set a good example with regard to customer friendly behaviour?
- Is management at all times available to the customer?
- Does customer satisfaction also belong to the evaluation criteria of management?
- Does top management also personally handle complaints of customers?
- Is customer satisfaction part of your organization’s vision?
- Is the customer satisfaction policy continuously communicated to all employees?
- Do you involve your customers with the execution of improvement processes in your company?
- Do you have an up-to-date databank in which all characteristics of your customers are registered?
Products/services and processes
- Are products delivered within the period expected by the customer?
- Is the phone in your organization answered within three rings in more than 90 per cent of the case?
- Did you appoint process owners for controlling processes?
- Do supporting departments within your organization guarantee quality of the work they deliver?
Human resource management
- Do you have an introduction program in which new employees are also educated concerning the importance of satisfied customers?
- Are customer orientation and continuous work towards improvement criteria for promotion?
- Do you stimulate your employees to generate ideas about increasing customer satisfaction?
- Are the employees’ interest and the interest of the customer related?
Back to basics: 75 painful questions about your customer satisfaction
by Hubert Rampersad
Subject: Customer Questions