Following are some questions that may help you focus on areas that may still need to be addressed if you are planning some technological change.
- Are there any formal and/or informal norms that the planned technological change will impact?
- How much does your planned technological change build on the existing values and procedures used in your organization?
- Can you identify the positions or individuals that are likely to benefit and those who are likely to lose something in this change?
- Have you planned any type of compensation for those who are likely to lose something with the technological change?
- Have you developed a strategy for explaining this change to your employees – how it will work, why it is being done, and how training and support will be provided?
- Can you name the leaders who will be critical if the technological change is to be accepted, and do you have plans for involving them in the change process?
- Have you included budget and plans for employee training and support?
Easing Fear of New Technology
by Tom Penderghast, DBA
Graziadio Business Report, Fall 1998
Subject: Change Management Questions