- Do your suppliers have lower operating costs than yours, and do you get low prices from suppliers?
- Do your suppliers provide you with product or process innovations?
- Do your suppliers have products and processes of the best quality?
- Do your suppliers reduce your costs and risk in product launches?
- Are your suppliers financially healthy?
- Do you formulate unique plans for each supplier to help you build competitive advantage?
- Does your supplier base enable you to take advantage of strategic opportunities to manufacture globally?
- Do you make appropriate investments to reduce operating cost, improve quality, and drive innovation?
Building the Advantaged Supply Network
by Bill Jackson
strategy+business, Fall 2004
Subject: Operations Questions