- Does the technology offer significant new ways of doing business?
- Does the technology build on existing infrastructure to capture substantial new value?
- Does the technology create a new technology platform that enables future applications?
- Is the technology within reach for the company–stretching the organization’s capabilities but not forcing it outside of its envelope of possibility?
- Can the company develop and implement the technology alone, or will it need partners?
- How fast will the opportunity develop?
- Are there ways to open the door to acceptance, such as through try-before-you-commit programs or other incentives?
Innovation: Bold New World
by Glover T. Ferguson
Outlook Journal, Special Edition, May 2004
Subject: Innovation Questions