- How Focused am I? How much of my time do I spend communicating and inspiring people about our mission, vision and strategic goals? How much focus do I create in my organization? How married am I/my organization to methods that have outlived their usefulness?
- Am I viewed as Authentic? Do people see and hear the real me? Do I wear a mask at work, and remove it when I leave each evening?
- How Courageous am I when my values, vision and goals are challenged? Do I stand firm and only change my position when I know that I am wrong?
- How Empathetic am I? Too much/too little? Do I create enough opportunities for open and candid dialogue? Do I ever find myself getting bogged down in consensus building, or achieving false consensus? Is there a feeling of inclusiveness amongst the members of my organization, and with other stakeholders, including customers?
- Do I make and execute decisions in a Timely fashion? Do I know when to ‘fish or cut bait?’ – do I demand well coordinated and timely execution of strategy from others?
The Five Key Facets of Quality Leadership
by Brian Ward
Subject: Leadership Questions