- Which market segment are we targeting specifically with that particular product?
- What is the role and mission of that specific product in our overall product line?
- What is a winning product, from the customer’s viewpoint, in that segment?
- How have we chosen to beat our competitors, generally and in that segment?
- If it’s impossible to meet all customer demands, which ones should we meet?
- How many variants of the product are we prepared to develop?
- How fast will we replace this particular product we are developing? etc.
Creating a Product Strategy
by Jean-Philippe Deschamps
Prism, Q2 1993
Subject: Products & Services Questions