The continuum begins with the development of a detailed plan. The plan should answer the following questions:
- Who will manage the various aspects of the event?
- What are its objectives (qualitative and quantitative)?
- Who is/are the target audience(s)?
- What is the theme?
- Which marketing messages do you want the audience(s) to walk away with?
- In which cities will you hold the event (you will need specific locations before you can get very far into promotion)?
- Who will the speaker(s) be?
- How will you promote the event?
- What tools will you use to generate and capture qualified leads?
- What on-site personnel will you require at the event?
- How — in detail — will you follow-through after the event to ensure that it fulfills its objectives?
- Who will be responsible for the follow-through?
- How will you track the follow through to ensure it is done?
Successful Marketing Events
by Joel Klebanoff
Klebanoff Associates Inc.
Subject: Marketing Questions