- Are the complexity of the extended enterprise and major earnings drivers across it transparent?
- Are interdependencies understood and interdependence risks identified?
- What programs are in place to ensure the viability of earnings drivers?
- Are these programs fully aligned with corporate strategy and objectives, and do we understand the trade-offs within these programs?
- Do we know what we spend on resilience?
- How good is our situational awareness — that is, do we have enough business intelligence, internal and external, and is it directed to the appropriate parties?
- Do we distill such intelligence properly and in a timely enough fashion to react to it?
- Who is accountable for resilience, and how do we make decisions and measure progress?
Enterprise Resilience: Managing Risk in the Networked Economy
by Randy Starr
strategy+business, Spring 2003
Subject: Risk Management Questions