- Which people and experiences in your early life had the greatest impact on you?
- What tools do you use to become self-aware? What is your authentic self? What are the moments when you say to yourself, this is the real me?
- What are your most deeply held values? Where did they come from? Have your values changed significantly since your childhood? How do your values inform your actions?
- What motivates you extrinsically? What are your intrinsic motivations? How do you balance extrinsic and intrinsic motivation in your life?
- What kind of support team do you have? How can your support team make you a more authentic leader? How should you diversify your team to broaden your perspective?
- Is your life integrated? Are you able to be the same person in all aspects of your life–personal, work, family, and community? If not, what is holding you back?
- What does being authentic mean in your life? Are you more effective as a leader when you behave authentically? Have you ever paid a price for your authenticity as a leader? Was it worth it?
- What steps can you take today, tomorrow, and over the next year to develop your authentic leadership?
Discovering Your Authentic Leadership
by Bill George
Harvard Business Review
Subject: Leadership Questions