- Do you have a jointly developed strategic framework in place with your partner(s)?
- Have you documented your needs based on your business’s strengths and weaknesses and shared them with your partner(s)?
- Do you have a measurement system in place to document and track your partnership’s mutual benefits?
- Are relational expectations documented between you and your partner(s)?
- Do you have a jointly developed partnership agreement in addition to any contractual agreements you may have?
- Do the sponsors of the alliance meet at least twice a year in face-to-face meetings to review alliance progress and strategic relevance?
- Do you measure the relational components of the alliance along with its economic benefits?
- Is trust a formal indicator that is measured and regularly reported within your alliance?
- Have the teams implementing the alliance received formal training on building relationships?
- Have joint communications and symbols of the alliance been prominently displayed in public locations?
How Well Are You Managing Your Current Partnerships?
by Stephen M. Dent
The CEO Refresher
Subject: Partnerships / Alliances Questions