Bring the Future to Life
- Case for Change. Have we convinced the organization that the status quo is unacceptable?
- Compelling Intent. Is our story of the future meaningful to our people and securing emotional buy-in at all levels?
- Credible Solutions. Are the proposed solutions appealing so the organization, and will they work in our culture?
Inspire Deep Commitment
- Aligned Top Team. Do we have the right top team? Is it cohesive and aligned around the change?
- Committed Sponsors. Do we have the right line leaders at all levels actively and visibly supporting the change?
- Influential Supporters. Are the most credible and trusted opinion leaders actively involved and visibly supporting the change?
Help Individuals Succeed
- Personal Commitment. Are we anticipating disruption and managing resistance? Are we communicating to build informed commitment?
- Critical Capabilities. Do we have plans to retain, develop and acquire the talent and expertise we need for this change?
- Desired Behaviors. Have we identified the critical behaviors that drive results? How do we reinforce them?
Deliver the Value
- Achievable Plan. Can we deliver the change on time while protecting our business’s performance from capacity overload?
- Decisive Governance. Do we have the right program governance to make and execute sound, timely and efficient decisions?
- Leading Indicators. Do we have the right information to track results, identity risks and course-correct before it’s too late?
Build to Sustain
- Effective Organization. Have we addressed the organizational obstacles—such as structure, culture, incentive system and so on—that might hinder the change?
- Enabling Technology. Do we have the right systems and technology to deliver the results on time?
- Continuous Improvement. Have we designed fast feedback loops to learn and improve our solutions over tine?
Source: “Choreographing a Full Potential Transformation” by Manny Maceda, Michael Garstka, Charles Ormiston | Bain & Company